Never Never Land

Never Never Land

Thursday, October 7, 2010

I QUIT my job...

I quit my job... When you consider the current status of the United States, it's such a wild thing to say,  let alone do. Unemployment woes are hitting Americans all over the country, leading to higher competition for jobs. Yet here I am 27years old thinking, "Here goes nothing."  My reasons for leaving my job of 5 years really had little to do with the job itself, but more to do with me. 

If you have read my bio page you are aware of the loss I recently went through.  Coping with that has been one of the greatest challenges of my life.  I was in Alaska for just under 2 weeks to mourn for my friends.  I realized I have made the best friendships and had the fondest memories while traveling. When people ask me where I'm from I want to respond "All over." I have been a transplant from city to city many times over the last ten years.  Every time I move I stay in touch with those closest to me, yet everyone I meet gifts me with some wisdom. 

So I quit my job, sold my car, and put my things in a storage unit. I'm leaving Seattle on October 18th to travel around Central America with friends Ben Peltz, Zachary Blair, and his girlfriend Marieke Keulen. We hope to visit most of the countries in Cental America although some may be skipped in fear of enslavement.  We have no timeline or detailed itinerary, we are all expert budget travelers, and enjoy meeting new people.

No comments:

Post a Comment